Friday, November 6, 2009

The beginning of the end of being fat

Last night was the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. No, I didn't get to sleep any longer than I normally do and yes, I am still tired as always, but last night I slept peaceful, like a baby (one that doesn't wake up for 2am feedings :) ). Why, you ask? Because my news is out in the open!

Yesterday I talked to my mother-in-law some more about my choice to get lap-band. I told her I was scared to tell her husband so she said she'd try to feel him out on the subject. My husband and I went to Wal-Mart and when we got back, she had told him. Now they didn't say "WOW Ashley, great idea! Congrats and we'll support you 100%!" BUT he just asked me a few questions and just nodded and smiled with me while I explained that I'm tired of feeling like I'm in someone else's body and tired of gaining weight with every major life change. He said "I think we could all lose some weight around here", and he's right. All of us adults in the house are indeed overweight. He never said "I don't think you should do lap band" but he never came out and said I shouldn't do it either. I take this as the closest thing to approval I'll get from him! Ha! Little victories, friends.

So all of the important people in my life know now. Husband, Mom, Dad, Stepmom, In Laws, Best Friends, Cousin...it's feeling good. I'm feeling good. I just called the office to schedule my date. Hopefully they'll call me back shortly.

I'm glad to have told the people close to me. I want to say accountable to them (on some level). My journey is beginning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com